Monday 12 February 2018

Keeping a Sketchbook - Drawing everyday & art challenges

Every new year or every so often when I make a list of goals, one of them is always to draw more. I'm sure many artists do this too and when people ask illustrators how to get better or how to find your style. The answer is - draw a lot! Create as much work as possible. Keeping a sketchbook is great practice. Scribble, make a mess, make mistakes, that's what they are for! Try not to get too caught up on creating that perfect drawing to post on Instagram. If it's for a challenge, post it anyway, at least you did a drawing today.

I created my own art challenge last November, see the prompt list here. I post most of my drawings on my Instagram and you can see my portfolio on my website.

Here are some of my recent sketchbook pages including some from the challenge.

Feel free to drop me a message if you have any questions.












No comments:

Post a Comment